For those of you who are only in town for a short visit we have made a mini route where you get all the best Milan has to offer in terms of both shopping, food, architecture and culture. For our first express shopping route we have chosen the area from Piazza Gae Aulenti to Piazza della Scala, from the new and modern to the old and traditional.
- Start on Piazza Gae Aulenti; Milan’s newest area, where you should see the internationally acclaimed buildings “Bosco verticale” (the vertical forest))
- On the piazza you find the famous Muji,
- Grom ice cream,
- Replay store with Italian denim and a nice bar where you can have your morning coffee,
- and Illy café – the world’s best espresso.
- Located under the square is the supermarket Esselunga if you want to shop for specialties.
- From there continue down Corso Como and check out the famous design store and art gallery at no. 10 – good place for lunch.
- at the end of Corso Como turn left and check out High Tech with all you can desire for your home and on the square (Piazza XXV Aprile) is food temple Eataly
- Continue into the Brera area (Via Solferino, Via San Marco and Corso Garibaldi) which is the old artistic neighbourhood of Milan with lots of quirky and chic stores and galleries.
- If you’re here on either a Monday or a Thursday it is worth your while to visit the open air market in Via San Marco.
- Visit the Pinacoteca di Brera for a shot of culture.
- The area is rich on places for lunch and a great aperitivo
- Continue down to Piazza della Scala with Milan’s famous Scala theater.
If you still have energy and time to spare you are now directly behind Piazza Duomo just walk thorugh the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele which links Piazza della Scala and Piazza Duomo and you have Milan’s cathedral right in front of you.
Now you are probably starving and you are close to several good restaurants e.g. Langosteria Cafè,4, Galleria del Corso (find on map) excellent seafood €€€, Giacomo Arengario €€ on top of Museo del Novecento (find on map) with an amazing view of Piazza Duomo. and Piz, 34, Via Torino (find n map) genuine Neapolitan pizza €,
Enjoy your perfect day in Milan!