If you want a gourmet experience, then try out these amazing places at reasonable prices. We have also selected the best vegan restaurants in Milan – look for VEGAN in the list.
We would love to hear from you so if you feel like sharing your opinion about the restaurants on our list or know a place you’d like to recommend then use our form here.
If you do choose to dine at a restaurant with Michelin stars (1-2) you should expect to spend around €130 per person.
Italian restaurants generally have very high standards and one thing Italians are really into, is quality food. So it’s a good idea to follow the locals around lunch and dinner time.
Food is one of the most important aspects of life in this country; Italians discuss what they’ll have for dinner while they’re having lunch, So if a restaurant has a lot of Italian guests you are sure to eat well.
Besides the names you can find in the Michelin guide we recommend the following places. The price levels are varied – € 20-30, €€ 30-50, €€€ >50 – but note that it isn’t necessary to spend a fortune to eat well.
- Pizzeria Sibilla, 14, Via Mercato (find on map). Phone +390239663561 great pizza but come early, you cannot make reservations here. €
- Bebel’S 38, Via San Marco (find on map). Phone +393456438825 €/€€
- Emilia e Carlo 8, Via Sacchi (find on map). Phone +3902862100 €€€
- Fioraio Bianchi Caffè 7. Via Montebello (find on map). Phone +390229014390 €€/€€€
- Fiori Oscuri 3, Via Fiori Oscuri . (find on map). Phone +390286917474 €€/€€€
- Il Pescetto 9, Via Volta (find on map). Phone +390236754184 €/€€
- Carminio, 3, Via del Carmine (find on map) Phone +390272022992. Known for the menu which changes from day to day depending on the best fresh ingredients of the moment. €€/€€€
- Temakinho which boasts three of the hottest restaurants in Milan right now. One is in 53, Corso Garibaldi (find on map). Phone +390272016158 €/€€
- Risoelatte 6, Via Manfredo Camperio (find on map) Phone +390239831040. Charming little restaurant furnished in the style of the sixties, homemade cooking. €€
- El Tombon de San Marc, a wonderful restaurant with traditional Lombard cuisine, you need to book a tbale here for both lunch and dinner 20,, Via San Marco (find on map), Phone +39026599507. €/€€
- VEGAN Universo Vegano, 14, Via Solferino (find on map). Phone +390262087103 €
- VIVA Piazza XXV Aprile (in Eataly) (find on map) Michelin 1 star restaurant Phone +390249497340. €€€
- Il Liberty, 6, Viale Monte Grappa (find on map) Phone +390229011439 €€/€€€
- Pizzeria di Porta Garibaldi, 6, Corso Como (find on map) Phone +39026551926 €
- VEGAN Soulgreen, Piazza Principessa Clotilde corner of Via Vespucci (find on map) Phone +390262695162. €€
Porta Romana area.
- Trattoria Masuelli San Marco 80, Viale Umbria (find on map) Phone +390255184138 , this place is a real gem with northern Italian cuisine at its very best and an incredible atmosphere. €€
- Lacerba 4, Via Orti (find on map) Phone +39025455475. Seafood. €€
- La Cantinetta, 19, Via Ripamonti (find on map) Phone +390258321057. Meat, typical Tuscan food. €€
- Giacomo Bistrot, 5, Via Pasquale Sottocorno (find on map) Telefon+390276022653. €€
- Trattoria Milanese 11, Via Santa Marta (find on map) Phone +390286451991 €€
- Alla Collina Pistoiese 1, Via Amadei (find on map) Phone +390286451085. €€/€€€
- Hostaria Borromei 4, Via Borromei (find on map) Phone +390286453760. €€
- A Santa Lucia 3, Via San Pietro All’Orto (find on mapt) Phone +390276023155.€€
- Acqua Pazza 3, Via San Michele al Carso (find on map) Phone +39024812004. €€€
- San Tomaso 5, Via San Tomaso (find on map) Phone +3902874510. €
- I 12 Gatti 11/12, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele (corner 1, Piazza della Scala) (find on map) Phone +390236594689, located on top of the Galleria with an amazing view it’s a must-see. €/€€
- Antica Foccacceria San Francesco 15, Via San Paolo (find on map) Phone +3902875411, genuine Sicilian Food in the heart of Milan. €/€€
- Langosteria Café, 4, Galleria del Corso (find on map) Phone +390276018167 excellent seafood and service €€€
- EXIT Milano, 2, Piazza Erculea (find on map) Phone :+390235999080 elegant, delicious gourmet food and lovely place, food is served all day until midnight €€/€€€
- Piz, 34, Via Torino (find on map) Phone +390286453482. Milan’s best Neapolitan Pizza, the menu only features 3 kinds of pizzas but they are absolutely worth the wait. Be prepared for a line but it moves quickly €
- Cracco, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II (find on map) Phone +3902876774. 1-star Michelin restaurant. €€€
Parco Sempione area.
- Terrazza Triennale 6, Viale Emilio Alemagna (find on map) Phone +390236644340 possibly the most amazing view in Milan and incredible food. €€/€€€
- Ratanà 28, Via de Castilla (find on map) Phone +390287128855. €€
- Testina 19, Via Abbadesse (find on map) Phone +39024035907.Typical Milanese cuisine on a high level €/€
Chinatown area (Via Paolo Sarpi)
Via Savona/Tortona area.
- Langosteria 10, Via Savona (find on map) Phone +390258111649. €€€
- Langosteria Bistrot,2, Via Privata Bobbio (find on map) Phone +390258107802. €€€
- Antica Pizzeria Leone, 9, Via Carlo Ravizza (find on map) Phone+390248001829, good Nepolitan pizza. €
- Pizza Lievità, 11, Via Carlo Ravizza (find on map) Phone +390284561374. good Neapolitan pizza. €
There is an excellent restarant near this area, it requires you to take the metro from the DeAngeli station and get off at Primaticcio and then walk about 5 minutes but it really is one of Milan’s gastronomical gems and has 2 Michelin stars called IL Luogo di Aimo e Nadia at 6, Via Privata Raimondo Cuccoli (find on map) Phone +3902416886. €€€
- Hostaria Certe Notti 16, Via Giovanni Enrico Pestalozzi (find on map) Phone +390289122631. the specialty of the house is “Gnocco Fritto” (appetizer) €/€€
- Al Pont De Ferr 55, Ripa di Porta Ticinese (find on map) Phone +390289406277. €€€
- Antica Osteria Del Mare 105, Via Cardinal Ascanio Sforza (find on map) Phone +390289546534. Seafood €€
- Temakinho, 37, Ripa di Porta Ticinese (find on map) Phone+39028356134, at the moment one of the hottest restaurants in Milan especially for lunch. €/€€
- Al Coniglio Bianco, 12, Alzaia Naviglio Grande (find on map)Phone +390258100910 .Typical local food from Lombardy. €/€€
- Bistro Aimo e Nadia, 4, Via Mattero Bandello (find on map) Phone +390248026205. €€/€€€
- Carbonaia Mare Via San Vittore (corner of Via Carducci). (find on map) Phone +390237904081. Seafood €€€
- Bar Magenta, 13, Via Carducci (very close to Leonardo da Vincis vineyard and “The last Supper”) (find on map) Phone +39028053808 . €
- Antica Foccacceria San Francesco 15, Via San Paolo (find on map) Phone +3902875411, genuine Sicilian food in the heart of Milan €/€€
- Il Caffè della Pusterla, 22, Via Edmondo de Amicis (find on map) Phone +390283633659. A typical Milanese place, where you can get anything from breakfast to dinner. Fantastic atmosphere. €/€€
- Mandarin 2, 22A, Via Garofalo (find on map) Phone +39022664147. An unusual combination of Sicilian and Chinese cuisine €€
- Filippo La Mantia, Oste e Cuoco, 2A Piazza Risorgiment (corner of Via Poerio) (find on map) Modern Sicilian cuisine €€/€€€
- Rosy e Gabriele 26, Via Giuseppe Sirtori (find on map)Telefon +390229525930. €€
- Mimmo, 34, Via Sirtori ( find on map) Phone +390220242006. €€/€€€
- VEGAN Joia, 18, Via Panfilo Castaldi (find on map) Phone +39022049244. 1 star Michelin Restaurant,. €€€
- VEGAN Alhambra, 17, Via San Gregorio (find on map) Phone +390239432750..€
- Albufera, 15, Via Lecco (find on map) Phone +390236686993. Tapas and paellas €/€€
Piazza Cinque Giornate area
- Isola dei sapori, 10, Via Anfosso (find on map) Phone +390254100708. Excellent Seafood. €€
- La Taverna, 3, Via Francesco Anzani (find on map) Phone +390259900793. Real Neapolitan Pizza, wonderful €/€€
- Pizza Lievità, 17, Via Sottocorno (find on map) Phone +390276317142. Good Neapolitan pizza. €
Our most important tip concerning good restaurants: Always book a table!