If you want a gourmet experience, then try out these amazing places at reasonable prices. We have also selected the best vegan restaurants in Milan – look for VEGAN in the list.
We would love to hear from you so if you feel like sharing your opinion about the restaurants on our list or know a place you’d like to recommend then use our form here.
If you do choose to dine at a restaurant with Michelin stars (1-2) you should expect to spend around €130 per person.
Italian restaurants generally have very high standards and one thing Italians are really into, is quality food. So it’s a good idea to follow the locals around lunch and dinner time.
Food is one of the most important aspects of life in this country; Italians discuss what they’ll have for dinner while they’re having lunch, So if a restaurant has a lot of Italian guests you are sure to eat well.
Besides the names you can find in the Michelin guide we recommend the following places. The price levels are varied – € 20-30, €€ 30-50, €€€ >50 – but note that it isn’t necessary to spend a fortune to eat well.
- Pizzeria Sibilla, 14, Via Mercato (find on map) great pizza but come early, you cannot make reservations here. €
- Timè 5, Via San Marco (find on map) €/€€
- Bebel’S 38, Via San Marco (find on map) €/€€
- Emilia e Carlo 8, Via Sacchi (find on map) €€€
- Fioraio Bianchi Caffè 7. Via Montebello (find on map) €€/€€€
- Fiori Oscuri 3, Via Fiori Oscuri . (find on map) €€/€€€
- Il Pescetto 9, Via Volta (find on map) €/€€
- Temakinho which boasts three of the hottest restaurants in Milan right now. One is in 53, Corso Garibaldi (find on map) €/€€
- VEGAN Universo Vegano, 14, Via Solferino (find on map). €
- Alice Piazza XXV Aprile (in Eataly) (find on map) 1 star Michelin restaurant. €€€
- Il Liberty, 6, Viale Monte Grappa (find on map) €€/€€€
- Pizzeria di Porta Garibaldi, 6, Corso Como (find on map) €
- VEGAN Soulgreen, Piazza Principessa Clotilde corner of Via Vespucci (find on map) €€
Porta Romana area.
- Trattoria Masuelli San Marco 80, Viale Umbria (find on map) this place is a real gem with northern Italian cuisine at its very best and an incredible atmosphere. €€
- Lacerba 4, Via Orti (find on map) Seafood. €€
- Isa e Vane, 1, Via Perugino (find on map) Deli and wine bar (Saturday and Sunday brunch), they have a wonderful courtyard. €€
- La Cantinetta, 19, Via Ripamonti (find on map) Meat, typical Tuscan food. €€
- Giacomo Bistrot, 5, Via Pasquale Sottocorno (find on map) €€
- Trattoria Milanese 11, Via Santa Marta (find on map) €€
- Alla Collina Pistoiese 1, Via Amadei (find on map) €€/€€€
- Hostaria Borromei 4, Via Borromei (find on map) €€
- A Santa Lucia 3, Via San Pietro All’Orto (find on mapt) €€
- Acqua Pazza 3, Via San Michele al Carso (find on map) €€€
- San Tomaso 5, Via San Tomaso (find on map) €
- I 12 Gatti 11/12, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele (corner 1, Piazza della Scala) (find on map), located on top of the Galleria with an amazing view it’s a must-see. €/€€
- Antica Foccacceria San Francesco 15, Via San Paolo (find on map) genuine Sicilian Food in the heart of Milan. €/€€
- Langosteria Café, 4, Galleria del Corso (find on map) excellent seafood and service €€€
- Piz, 34, Via Torino (find on map) Milan’s best Neapolitan Pizza, the menu only features 3 kinds of pizzas but they are absolutely worth the wait. Be prepared for a line but it moves quickly €
- Cracco, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II (find on map) 1-star Michelin restaurant. €€€
Parco Sempione area.
- Terrazza Triennale 6, Viale Emilio Alemagna (find on map) possibly the most amazing view in Milan and incredible food. €€/€€€
- Ratanà 28, Via de Castilla (find on map) €€
- Testina 19, Via Abbadesse (find on map).Typical Milanese cuisine on a high level €/€
Chinatown area (Via Paolo Sarpi)
- Ottimofiore, 26, Via Bramante (find on map) real Sicilian food €/€€
- VEGAN Osteria al 55, 55, Via Messina (find on map) €€
Via Savona/Tortona area.
- Langosteria 10, Via Savona (find on map) €€€
- Langosteria Bistrot,2, Via Privata Bobbio (find on map) €€€
- Antica Pizzeria Leone, 9, Via Carlo Ravizza (find on map) good Nepolitan pizza. €
- Pizza Lievità, 11, Via Carlo Ravizza (find on map) good Neapolitan pizza. €
- Certe Notti 16, Via Giovanni Enrico Pestalozzi (find on map) the specialty of the house is “Gnocco Fritto” (appetizer) €/€€
- Al Pont De Ferr 55, Ripa di Porta Ticinese (find on map) €€€
- Antica Osteria Del Mare 105, Via Cardinal Ascanio Sforza (find on map) Seafood €€
- Temakinho, 37, Ripa di Porta Ticinese (find on map) at the moment one of the hottest restaurants in Milan especially for lunch. €/€€
- Al Coniglio Bianco, 12, Alzaia Naviglio Grande (find on map) Typical local food from Lombardy. €/€€
- VEGAN Universo Vegano, 49, Ripa di Porta Ticinese (find on map). €
- Carbonaia Mare Via San Vittore (corner of Via Carducci). (find on map) Seafood €€€
- Bar Magenta, 13, Via Carducci (very close to Leonardo da Vincis vineyard and “The last Supper”) (find on map) €
- Antica Foccacceria San Francesco 15, Via San Paolo (find on map) genuine Sicilian food in the heart of Milan €/€€
- Caffè della Pusterla, 22, Via Edmondo de Amicis (find on map) A typical Milanese place, where you can get anything from breakfast to dinner. Fantastic atmosphere. €/€€
- Mandarin 2, 22A, Via Garofalo (find on map) An unusual combination of Sicilian and Chinese cuisine €€
- Rosy e Gabriele 26, Via Giuseppe Sirtori (find on map) €€
- Mimmo, 34, Via Sirtori ( find on map) €€/€€€
- VEGAN Joia, 18, Via Panfilo Castaldi (find on map) 1 star Michelin Restaurant,. €€€
- VEGAN Mantra Raw,21, Via Panfilo Castaldi (find på kort) €/€€
- VEGAN Alhambra, 17, Via San Gregorio (find on map).€
- Albufera, 15, Via Lecco (find on map) Tapas and paellas €/€€
Piazza Cinque Giornate area
- L’sola dei sapori, 10, Via Anfosso (find on map) Excellent Seafood. €€
- La Taverna, 3, Via Francesco Anzani (find on map) Real Neapolitan Pizza, wonderful €/€€
- Pizza Lievità, 17, Via Sottocorno (find on map) Good Neapolitan pizza. €
Our most important tip concerning good restaurants: Always book a table!